Wednesday, June 21, 2017

“You’re Doing What”

The terms "living for God", and "working for God" no longer make sense to me. I mean, He's already done all the work, right? For salvation and for living! He finished it! I now live by His life, and align with, and engage in the work that He has done. My life is a process of coming into alignment with my real identity--In Christ! He invites me into that, and I enjoy the benefits of His work! I don't impress Him by what I do, even by what I do in His name! I mean He created the universe by the word of His mouth in around 6 days!! I'm pretty sure I am not gonna impress Him! I now live by His faith, His power, and His Spirit. It's about identity & alignment! Because of the Cross, His life is now mine! I am in Him, and I am new, in every way! There's a reason we are called human "beings" and not human "doings". Out of our intimate connection to Him, and His life in us, we get to engage in His Kingdom work, and experience abundant life in every aspect of life. In Him, we live, move, and have our identity (being)! "The life I now live (in the flesh), I live by the faith of the Son of God". (Galatians 2:20) Any "good works" that may come through my involvement only come as a result of my being properly aligned in Him, by His faith, & because of His finished work! Our performance driven, works oriented nature resists surrender to His life, and therein lies the conflict of our dual nature. Walking into our Kingdom identity comes only through surrender to the reality of that identity working in & through us! It's a waste of time to try and achieve holiness through works, or standards of behavior. It's the result of position not performance--our position IN CHRIST! Because of His work on the Cross, and the shedding of His blood, holiness and righteousness become our identity!! HE is our righteousness and holiness! As long as the focus is on our attempts to be holy or righteous, we'll never experience the abundant Kingdom life that Jesus came to give. It's only IN HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment